The Spanish Centre for Documentation on Disability (CEDD) is a service that the Royal Board on Disability offers to public and private entities, professionals and / or anyone interested in the field of disability. The Center collects and categorizes the most relevant scientific literature produced both nationally and internationally, as well as documents published by international organizations, governments and third sector entities in the field of disability.
The documental base is composed by the most important publications, both national and foreign, which deal with all issues related to disability and social policies.
The CEDD provides the following services:
- A library open to the public (Schedule: monday to friday from 9:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m.).
- A loan service of books, magazines and audiovisual material.
- Access to special data bases: bibliographic data base and legislative data base about social policies and disability.
- Access to other national and international data bases.
- Information and orientation about social resources.
- Management and development of the Ibero-American Repository about Disability (RIBERDIS).
- Edition and Coordination of the Spanish Journal of Disability.
- Edition of the digital newsletter of the Royal Board about Disability.
- Edition and distribution of the official publications of the Royal Board about Disability.
- The CEDD is part of the Spanish Network of Information and Documentation about Disability (REDiD), near to the State Observatory of Disability (OED) and the Service of Information about Disability (SID).
Since 1980, the CEDD is managed by the Foundation Eguía Careaga (SIIS Center of Documentation and Surveys) through an agreement of cooperation.